4.03.2013

10 reasons why YOU should go to our reunion


Hi everyone, this is Liz (Jessop) Wortley. I’ve had a few people ask me some questions about the reunion: Are you going to the reunion? Why are you going to the reunion? Do you think it will be worth it?

Yes – I am going. I now live in Minnesota (random, I know), but am making the journey back home because I want to see people I haven’t seen in years AND I do think it will be worth it! I hope all of you will come too. That’s why I came up with 10 reasons why YOU should go to our 10-year reunion:

10. Good food (Cold Stone = best ice cream!)

9. The venue is sure to bring back memories (for better or for worse!)

8. You have questions, like does so-and-so still play the drums? Is it true that ____ and ____ hooked up? Whatever happened to what’s-his-bucket?

7. You might win some super-de-duper, neat-o prizes! For real – so far we already have a laser hair removal package and more.

6. Entertainment and music from back in the day – 2003 was a great year, wasn’t it?

5. You can’t beat the price – it’s cheaper than going to a movie AND is sure to be far more entertaining. And if you register by April 30, you’ll get the discount price.

4. Who knows when we’ll be throwing another one? Probably at least another 10 years!

3. You get to see all the people you stalk on Facebook. We are probably all guilty of this and know way too much about each other through social media. But seeing and talking to people in person is so much better.

2. It’ll be fun – when else can you go back in time, catch up with new and old friends, and laugh like a teenager?

1. You’re not a smelly/goober-nose/awkward teenager anymore. There’s nothing like being with people who knew you back when to make you feel grown-up, real and connected. We’ve all come a long way since high school. For example, I don’t have a brace-face anymore (I can’t believe I’m posting a picture of this.)

Photo credit: Mike Koch - I can't believe I'm still friends with him after taking this horrible picture at the Trunk-or-Treat, 2002.

Anyone else have a bad/funny photo from high school they want to share? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment